Sep 2, 2009

Letter from Your Friend

By. Arif Nurwidyantoro

Dear friends,

How are you? With this I informed you that I’m okay. I hope you’re okay too. How’s life around you? Where are you now?

Our paths they did cross, tough I cannot say just why.

We met

Before we met, we’re just a total stranger. Both of us don’t know each other. Then we met. We exchange our name. I’m no good at remembering people’s name, so I spell your name twice. You spell my name too. The foundation of a relation was built.

We laughed, we held on fast

And here we are, years after our first met. We’re getting close. We have done activities together. We cried, and we laughed. Sometimes we’re on fighting. But in the end, we understood each other. The bonds were created.

And then we said goodbye

You are my friend
Aah, you haven’t forgotten the dream we had that day, right?
You are my dream
Aah, your one longest way was just starting;
Oh, it’s time to get moving!

The day finally came. If there is a hello, then there is a goodbye. We started to move forward. We have different dreams. You continued your journey to achieve your dreams. And I went to pursue mine. We promised that someday we’ll meet again, after we reach our own dreams.

And who’ll hear the echoes of stories never told?

I believe, someday we’ll meet. And when that time comes, we’ll have a very long conversation. We’ll share our story. I’m looking forward for that time.

Let them ring out loud ‘till they unfold

What was the start of all this?
When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?
Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time.

But for a certanty, back then
We loved so many yet hated so much
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves.

Yet even then we ran like the wind
Whilst our laughter echoed
Under cerulean skies….
from your dearest friend..

Credits:
Melodies of Life (OST FFIX)
Distance by Long Shot Party (OST Naruto Shippuden)
Opening prose of Chrono Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment