Oct 19, 2009

Hijab and Your Hair

One day on Ramadhan 1430H, I’d been invited to a breakfasting party in Sushi Tei in Plaza Indonesia. As we know, sushi is one of popular Japanese foods. Unfortunately I don’t really care to this food. The taste is unfamiliar in my tongue. After all, I tried it, just to fulfill my curious and just to pay homage to my boss who invited me into that restaurant.

Continuo to condition of break fasting at Sushi Tei, No many people came to there, just around 10-13 persons. And most of all are VVIP yet me, who just a volunteer. And also, I was the only one who used hijab there. Actually, I am also the only one muslimah who uses the hijab in the office, then I proud of it. Okay, then break fasting is still continuing. We, my volunteer friends and I ordered well done sushi, yet when I ate them; it tasted strange in my tongue. I didn’t know why, may be I didn’t used to eat Japanese food. And when I talked with my two volunteer friends (one is Indonesian and another is American), my hijab was in disorder. Some part of my hair fell out into forehead. And more than once my friends told me about that. Especially my American friend, she said, “DILA, YOUR HAIR!!” then I felt ashamed by that. I also felt moving emotionally by that.

Okay, about Hijab and hair, I believe every single of Muslim knows about this hijab rule. Hijab is an obligation for adult woman. As Allah has commanded on Qs. Al-Ahzab: 59

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

No comments:

Post a Comment